-Filter Forums-
Loading posts...

Happy New Year

Sc

Happy New Year

Postby Helix » Tue Dec 31, 2013 9:44 pm

I know it's three hours and fifteen minutes too early in Queensland, but I might forget if I leave it. So Happy New Year, FFFSers!
At the fringes of civilisation
Helix

Re: Happy New Year

Postby Teleost » Wed Jan 01, 2014 12:15 am

It's 23:16 and I'm off to bed.

HNY!
Teleost

Postby roughbarked » Wed Jan 01, 2014 7:41 am

A late good morning. I've been up the back repotting Eremophila.
roughbarked

Postby Peak Warming Man » Wed Jan 01, 2014 9:28 am

HNY hippies.
Peak Warming Man

Postby mollwollfumble » Wed Jan 01, 2014 1:49 pm

Went searching for remains of NYE fireworks, found some traces in a local park:

1) A dozen fragments of paper with "black widow fireworks" printed large in black on yellow, together with a black spider silhouette on yellow.
2) One large piece of torn plastic-coated paper with a warning message on it, including the words "...ming balls and reports", "may tip over", "when lighting", "...4G consumer fir...", together with part of a manufacturer's mark. Possibly from the outside of a packet of roman candles.
3) Twenty two flat cardboard annuli, OD 30 mm, ID 3.5 mm. Many showing signs of being partly burnt.
4) Two cardboard disks 23 mm diameter.
5) One object that was possibly the remains of a plaster plug 23 mm diameter.
6) A dozen fragments of paper silvered on one side, several showing burn marks.

Possibly unrelated but found in exactly the same area:
7) Many fragments of a tennis ball that had been ripped to shreds.

So, from that information, what can you conclude that they set off during New Years Eve?
mollwollfumble

Postby moonmaid » Wed Jan 01, 2014 4:05 pm

Happy New Year to everyone :)

It's gunna be a good good year. Kid off to uni. I'll get a campervan to live in (and a metal detector). I'll be a hippy and maybe find a bit of work along the way. Mah, I won't need work after I find that nugget waiting for me. I can't stand the thought of living in a tiny unit with noisy neighbours anymore. I feel like I've been in jail for 18 years as a struggling sole parent. I'll be in my natural state like when I use to take off on my motorbike for extended periods or nurse in remote places. Six weeks to go and counting down. Is AuDigger still around?
moonmaid

Postby flying spaghetti monster » Wed Jan 01, 2014 9:30 pm

Happy New Year FFFSers.

2013, we lose a science minister, but we gain some extras with our tech (*waves to NSA*), and our nature is open for business. 2014 should be interesting!
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity, but don't rule out malice.
flying spaghetti monster

Postby Helix » Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:40 am

It's a shame that HAARP isn't a weather-making machine, because we could do with some rain.

*throws handfuls of silver iodide into the sky*
Helix

Postby roughbarked » Thu Jan 02, 2014 12:16 pm

Helix wrote:It's a shame that HAARP isn't a weather-making machine, because we could do with some rain.

*throws handfuls of silver iodide into the sky*

Wish I could but it isn't as easy as it sounds.

We've still not reached 1 mm yet but it has been trying. The planes need to be seeking the ice making spots.
roughbarked

Postby Helix » Thu Jan 02, 2014 12:24 pm

Try turning up your facetiousness detector and turning down your pomposity emitter.
Helix

Postby flying spaghetti monster » Thu Jan 02, 2014 4:19 pm

One thing I like about forums like this one, is that a casual comment can lead to further reasons to find out more.

With silvery headgear firmly in place I went looking for information on HAARP. Interesting reading, but one fact jumped out at me. HAARP isn't the only facility.....there is also one at Norway. It is called EISCAT. European Incoherent Scatter Scientific Association. Hmmmmm, might explain a lot of things....
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity, but don't rule out malice.
flying spaghetti monster

Postby justjj » Thu Jan 02, 2014 5:03 pm

"One thing I like about forums like this one, is that a casual comment can lead to further reasons to find out more."

YES!

It is what keeps me coming back.
:)

Some great stuff there .. and really happy to hear your plans moonmaid.
DO IT AND Do it Now! is all I can say.
I send my best wishes to you all; have thought a lot about what I'd wish for and "satisfying", as well as safe of course, seems to be what I would most wish for and so am going to presume you might too.
On that basis, I wish you all a safe and satisfying 2014.
justjj

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby Helix » Thu Jan 02, 2014 5:17 pm

flying spaghetti monster wrote:With silvery headgear firmly in place I went looking for information on HAARP. Interesting reading, but one fact jumped out at me. HAARP isn't the only facility.....there is also one at Norway. It is called EISCAT. European Incoherent Scatter Scientific Association. Hmmmmm, might explain a lot of things....

Those big dish things always give me a bit of physics envy!
Helix

Return to Science