-Filter Forums-
Loading posts...

Chat

Sc

Re: Chat

Postby roughbarked » Sun Jun 26, 2016 10:42 pm

Helix wrote:I told myself I was going to number every box below the line this year, but I'm having problems trying to decide which pack of bastards I hate most.

Here's a reminder from Mad As Hell on the changes in senate voting.

Loved that. Thanks.

Don't know how I missed seeing it on the teev. Probably dozed off again.
roughbarked

Postby roughbarked » Sun Jun 26, 2016 10:56 pm

justjj wrote:While I'm NOT watching some horror dinosaur movie (the soundtrack's bad enough) I found this and thought it might interest you guys(sorry mr morrison)

https://www.clueyvoter.com/
I'm a "fill in all the blanks" person, but a mistake one year saw me support a dreadful choice
Am planning to do better this time
:)
Cheerio

I tried the cluey voter by giving double thumbs down for the gits and not many single thumbs up/ left undecided in the middle and was pleasantly surprised at the result.
roughbarked

Postby justjj » Tue Jun 28, 2016 9:25 am

Well, that made me laugh ... not too many laughs around the election I guess, so it's good.

Here in #Mayo Jamie Briggs has been caught out distributing 2 how to vote things that are not true to label ie claiming to be for those who favour (say) Labor as second pref (as if any Lib voter would be) OR those favouring Xenophon as second pref ... whereas they both actually favour Family First.

#Mayo's a funny electorate (Alexander Downer's fiefdom) and there's a lot of tut-tutting about poor form and poor etiquette.
I'd almost forgotten the distinction between etiquette and good manners ... trust Jamie Briggs to remind me!
Am delighted to see it getting lighter a fraction earlier each day.
I don't mind the dark early starts when I am in the bush, but hatehatehate it when I have to travel into the city.

On the elction front .. I've decided that if I want to whinge I ought to do something, but am beyond letter-boxing ... so am helping out on the GetUp booth ... hopeless I know.
Hope you are all well ... I'm keeping busy and being kept busy ... and would give up if it weren't for the respite the bush offers.
justjj

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby Helix » Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:03 am

I voted early yesterday. There was such a long queue at the Court House, it makes me wonder if anyone will be voting on Saturday. All over the nation, polling stations will be desolate wastelands, occupied only by kookaburras cleaning up the abandoned snags.

A week or so ago, Bob Katter sent everyone his election manifesto. It is twelve pages of...something...with footnotes. I think Kennedy will go to the LNP this time.

At the fringes of civilisation
Helix

Postby AussieDJ » Tue Jul 05, 2016 12:59 am

Hello everyone ... it's been a while.

I hadn't seen that Cluey Voter site before.

I used - https://www.finder.com.au/senate-voting-card-creator
after first checking who the Senate candidates in my state (Victoria) were, through -
http://decryption.net.au/index.php/2016 ... lot-paper/
AussieDJ

Postby justjj » Tue Jul 05, 2016 8:24 am

Good Morning all
51mm of rain o'night ... 169 for June.

I think I'll bookmark all of those aussiedj, we might need them sooner than we think
I thought of you just this past week, listening again to "Who Pays the Piper"; strangely relevant to today hey?
Thanks again; I love it.

Just about ready for today's kid to be here ... quiet coffee before the storm
justjj

Postby Helix » Tue Jul 05, 2016 10:16 am

'ning

Counting resumes today. What a shame that Dutton won't lose his seat, even with all those votes lapping at his door.
Helix

Postby buffy » Wed Jul 06, 2016 8:24 pm

I made up my own list before going to the booth. On rather scrappy bits of paper, but that's how it was. And I don't envy whoever had to count my Senate ballot, because I jumped about quite a lot. I counted to 27. That was enough.
buffy

Postby roughbarked » Wed Jul 06, 2016 8:47 pm

Helix wrote:'ning

Counting resumes today. What a shame that Dutton won't lose his seat, even with all those votes lapping at his door.

It was annoying to hear that he was still there. He's a particularly noisesome character.
roughbarked

Postby AussieDJ » Thu Jul 07, 2016 11:52 am

buffy wrote: And I don't envy whoever had to count my Senate ballot, because I jumped about quite a lot. I counted to 27. That was enough.

I got to 48. That was enough for me, too.

I'll have to remember to take a pencil eraser with me for the next time. Waiting for someone else to finish using it before I could get to the only one in the booth was a nuisance. (I'd asked for a new ballot paper, saying that I'd made a mistake, but staff told me to use the eraser instead.)
AussieDJ

Postby buffy » Thu Jul 07, 2016 10:32 pm

That sounds a bit irregular. Leaves things open to suggestions of ballot tampering. You are supposed to get a new ballot paper if you make a mistake.
buffy

Postby AussieDJ » Fri Jul 08, 2016 1:21 am

buffy wrote:That sounds a bit irregular. Leaves things open to suggestions of ballot tampering. You are supposed to get a new ballot paper if you make a mistake.

I tried that. I was asked if I'd made a mistake, and when I confirmed, I was told to use a pencil eraser that was on another official's table.
AussieDJ

Postby justjj » Fri Jul 08, 2016 8:40 am

My mistake was to forget to take my GetUp t shirt off before going in to vote
When I took it off there and then, lots of laughs.
Felt like a dill, but am used to that.

3.3 °C Now
Time to get ALF's space heater serviced ... brrrr ... too cold even to get up and make coffee.

*waits for the good fairy*
justjj

Postby Helix » Fri Jul 08, 2016 11:27 am

'ning

I see that Bob Katter has appointed himself kingmaker. I would rather the Coalition had an outright majority than Katter having an influence.
Helix

Postby roughbarked » Sat Jul 09, 2016 12:40 pm

AussieDJ wrote:
buffy wrote:That sounds a bit irregular. Leaves things open to suggestions of ballot tampering. You are supposed to get a new ballot paper if you make a mistake.

I tried that. I was asked if I'd made a mistake, and when I confirmed, I was told to use a pencil eraser that was on another official's table.

Despite having plenty of time to organise it, they may have had a limited supply of ballot papers?
roughbarked

Postby roughbarked » Sat Jul 09, 2016 12:42 pm

justjj wrote:My mistake was to forget to take my GetUp t shirt off before going in to vote
When I took it off there and then, lots of laughs.
Felt like a dill, but am used to that.

3.3 °C Now
Time to get ALF's space heater serviced ... brrrr ... too cold even to get up and make coffee.

*waits for the good fairy*

The days are getting longer. Spring is coming closer. :)
roughbarked

Previous

Return to Science