-Filter Forums-
Loading posts...

TECH Chat

Te

Re: TECH Chat

Postby nut » Sun Feb 22, 2015 9:48 am

Crikey! ... and yesterday I thought the pop up advertising coming out of Neroinfo.exe was annoying. Neroinfo would check back to base every two days at 5:35PM and once every few weeks or more I would get a pop up advert for Nero products.

Bloody adware.
nut

Postby *jj* » Sun Feb 22, 2015 9:59 am

I'm hardly able to keep up with all they are writing about these things.

You'd think this a huge (self-inflicted) body blow to Lenovo, but maybe they are too big to fail too, now?

I believe that they make components for umpteen other manufacturers as well, so it seems like a really big deal.

I now subscribe to Stilgherrian's writings / blogs ... although a bit on the "ripe" side at times, I find I can understand better when I hear as well as read, and some of what he is talking about would reduce me to some ripe swearing too (if I understood it all better :))
cheerio from this muggy spot on planet earth; trust you are all well / busy / happy ... all 3 if possible.
*jj*

Postby justjj » Sun Apr 19, 2015 8:29 am

http://www.stockjournal.com.au/news/agr ... 29407.aspx

Teenager invents ‘texting plant’

How neat is this?
:)
justjj

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby roughbarked » Sun Apr 19, 2015 9:09 am

justjj wrote:http://www.stockjournal.com.au/news/agriculture/cropping/general-news/teenager-invents-texting-plant/2729407.aspx

Teenager invents ‘texting plant’

How neat is this?
:)

Though there were already companies which sold devices to irrigation farmers which monitored the soil moisture level, these required one to log on to the internet and get the data back and were clearly quite expensive. A text direct to the grower seems a better reason to get out of bed for.
roughbarked

Postby Helix » Sat May 02, 2015 9:00 pm

Just been internetting with friends in Mongolia. They tell me that the internet connection they have over there is better by far than any service they had in Oz. Colour me totally unsurprised.
At the fringes of civilisation
Helix

Postby roughbarked » Sun May 03, 2015 9:31 am

Australias internet is mostly abysmal.
roughbarked

Postby moonmaid » Sun May 03, 2015 11:53 pm

I only have mobile internet. Why is it so expensive for the miserly data allowance?
Does it cost Telstra more than hard wired?
Is there a limit to the "waves" that they can emit from the towers? (or whatever the reason is).
moonmaid

Postby Teleost » Mon May 04, 2015 6:59 am

You probably need to look at a better plan/telco Moonmaid. Telsta are not known for being the best value when it comes to this sort of thing.

http://www.whistleout.com.au/Broadband/Mobile-Broadband-Plans
Teleost

Postby roughbarked » Mon May 04, 2015 9:54 am

They are all too expensive. Another problem is that everything is constantly checking for updates that all uses bandwidth for no real reason.
roughbarked

Postby moonmaid » Tue May 05, 2015 7:48 pm

Thanks Teleost for the link for mobile broadband prices. Good website.
I'll be changing when contract expires.
moonmaid

Postby *jj* » Wed Sep 02, 2015 6:34 pm

And again , twice in one day eh?

I just spotted this and thought others might enjoy knowing what another "old" TT person is up to these days :)

http://abcnewsgathering.tumblr.com/post ... f-metadata
( dr zax :) )
*jj*

Postby nut » Mon Apr 11, 2016 7:00 pm

Almost useless trivia...

If you have a file on your windows computer where the file name is to long, so that you can't do anything with it, you can rename it from within an achiving program like 7-zip.
nut

Postby AussieDJ » Thu May 11, 2017 1:51 am

Hello all, it's been a while since I posted on these boards, so I thought I'd better stick my oar in and say G'day.

I do have a semi-techy question though ... and it's related to this forum: where do I find my log-in and contact information?

Thanks.
AussieDJ

Postby fsm » Thu May 11, 2017 9:59 am

If you have forgotten your login then click the Login button over on the right. You will find a password retrieval link.

When you are logged in you can find your info in the User Control Panel. The link is up on the left.
Two + two equals fish.
fsm

Postby AussieDJ » Thu May 11, 2017 10:49 am

Thanks, fsm.

I was a bit unclear with my request.

I remember my login and password - what I don't remember is which email account I used to join this forum.
AussieDJ

Postby fsm » Thu May 11, 2017 3:23 pm

Go to User Control Panel > Profile > Edit account settings and you find your email address.
Two + two equals fish.
fsm

Previous

Return to Tech