-Filter Forums-
Loading posts...

IE 11

Te

IE 11

Postby Babs2 » Mon Oct 27, 2014 11:13 am

If anyone is using IE 11 could you please explain to me how to have multiple open tabs across the top of the page as we used to have in previous versions of IE.

I have been searching for the answer and can only assume that now you cant have this as the only suggestions I've come across is to drag from the bottom of the screen or right click to show all tabs. But that doesn't seem to be working for me. (Maybe that's for IE app on tablets). I'm using the desktop version of IE 11.
Babs2

Re: IE 11

Postby nut » Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:06 pm

I don't use it but have IE11 on this comp. The tabs are there at the top next to the page address. I can also right click on the top bar and select show tabs on a seperate row or right click on a bookmark and select open in new tab.

New Tab is (Ctrl + t)
nut

Postby Babs2 » Tue Oct 28, 2014 3:11 pm

Thanks nut, I can do the same as you mention, but I thought in older versions of IE that the tabs openrf and each one stayed there. I'm just getting one tab that changes as I move from website to another website.
Babs2

Postby chant » Tue Oct 28, 2014 7:19 pm

Hi Babs,
Try menu bar: tools: internet options: tabs. Hope this helps.
chant

Postby his royal h » Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:55 am

If you want to open a new tab by clicking on a link in a page you can either right click which should open a contextual window and then click on "Open in new tab" (which has been a feature of IE for I don't know how long) or just press the scroll wheel. And to open a new tab by itself just click on the small square to the immediate right of the last tab.
his royal h

Postby his royal h » Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:48 pm

chant wrote:Try menu bar: tools: internet options: tabs. Hope this helps.

Sounds like maybe the "Restore Defaults" needs to be clicked on. Or else have a look through the options there and select what is needed.
his royal h

Return to Tech