-Filter Forums-
Loading posts...

secure.driversupport

Te

secure.driversupport

Postby Babs2 » Sun Dec 14, 2014 9:45 am

This has somehow been installed on my desktop. I ran Malwarebytes, I also bought the Premium version of it and ran it again. But it didn't pick it up as malware.

When I search for a way to remove this secure.driversupport I keep coming up with other companies that want me to install their lovely pieces of software. How to safely remove this, what I think may be called a PUP?

Once again help please.
Babs2

Re: secure.driversupport

Postby fsm » Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:22 pm

Update MalwareBytes (Mbam) and run a full scan. It should get rid of secure.driversupport
Two + two equals fish.
fsm

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby Babs2 » Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:38 am

Thanks fsm, yes I've done this a few times. But still not sure if it's gone as now and again I get a little pop up in the notification area that keeps telling me to update a driver and I don't know where its coming from. It's gone very quickly, next time I'll try and get into it and check it out. I don't think it's a message from Dell, but perhaps its from Nividia.
Babs2

Postby Babs2 » Fri Dec 19, 2014 6:50 pm

The pop up seems to be coming from PC Drves Headquarter I, Inc and says I should replace my hard drive driver ???
I have found this company in my start up files and have now disabled it. I notice however there's an exe file in my programs folder under Support\ Driver Support. I wonder if I should try an delete it or just see how the disabling it at start up works?
Babs2

Postby Babs2 » Mon Dec 22, 2014 9:16 am

Thanks Teleost, that did the trick.
Babs2

Return to Tech