Loading posts...

Delimiter Returns?

Te

Delimiter Returns?

Postby justjj » Wed May 13, 2015 2:00 pm

I'll leave it to Renai to speak for himself

"Hi everyone,
long time no talk ;)

Renai LeMay here -- formerly of Delimiter and currently an advisor to Greens Senator Scott Ludlam.

Today I've got some big news.
Unfortunately, my role with Senator Ludlam will end at the end of June. However, I've decided that I want to reboot Delimiter in Canberra, join the Press Gallery and continue to try to fix technology policy in areas such as the NBN, data retention, Government IT projects and more.

But it's not enough just to be in the building.
To truly change the way Australia’s politicians think about technology policy, the community needs to create a substantial dent in Canberra.

So today I'm proposing three things:

A new book chronicling the past 20 years of horrific tech policy mistakes in this country, titled The Frustrated State: How terrible tech policy is deterring digital Australia.

Secondly, today I am publishing an open draft of a Statement of Principles for Delimiter.
If Delimiter is rebooted, this document will represent the will of the Delimiter community and guide my writing.

And lastly, I am proposing that we set up a new and permanent hashtag, #rebootau, which would allow Australian journalists, digital rights activists, broadband evangelists, IT professionals and tech geeks of all kinds to organise via social media around one common goal: To fundamentally reboot our politicians’ understanding of technology policy on a long-term basis."

See details here

http://delimiter.com.au/2015/05/13/im-m ... he-inside/
justjj

Blog: View Blog (1)

Return to Tech