-Filter Forums-
Loading posts...

Chrome eats Explorer

Te

Chrome eats Explorer

Postby buffy » Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:35 pm

Hi people. Yes, I'm the same buffy from the olden days. And I'm still not really any more tech savvy.

This morning I used Explorer to say hello on the Holiday Forum, then I went to the Westpac and National banks to check balances etc. Then I closed the browser, which is something I always do immediately after going to bank account stuff. When I closed Explorer, it disappeared. The desktop icon disappeared. I searched around and found it - sort of, in the apps alphabetical list under I, but when I clicked on it, it took me to Chrome.

I had to go to work at that stage, so Mr buffy did some looking around. We can't find it. He found something about Chrome said it found an outdated program that might clash with Chrome and turned it off. So what has it done with Explorer? Why has it done whatever it has done? Other people run Explorer and Chrome at the same time. And it was working.

Puzzled.
buffy

Re: Chrome eats Explorer

Postby nut » Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:36 pm

Wow. That sounds strange Buffy. If you type iexplore in the run box does it open Internet explorer?

I am really unknowing. I might have a look tomorrow.
nut

Postby buffy » Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:00 pm

What's the run box?
buffy

Postby nut » Thu Jun 25, 2015 12:07 am

Usually you can select run from the start menu under windows. Apparently also Win+R shortcut.
nut

Postby roughbarked » Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:43 am

What is your current version of explorer and is it up to date as per you system specs?
roughbarked

Postby buffy » Thu Jun 25, 2015 7:14 pm

Ah, and now we have the Explorer icon, in that bottom bar thingy, when you have Chrome open. I think it's been gobbled up and amalgamated. Or something.

We didn't do anything, it just turned up.
buffy

Postby buffy » Sat Jun 27, 2015 9:49 am

And if anyone is interested - Mr buffy clicked on a link in one of his ambulance emails and it opened in Explorer. He pinned it to the toolbar. And everything is back. He's removed the Chrome stuff. Degrees of weirdness.
buffy

Postby nut » Sat Jun 27, 2015 12:16 pm

Great it is back. Kind of wierd... spooky.
nut

Return to Tech