-Filter Forums-
Loading posts...

Solar Storage

Te

Solar Storage

Postby *jj* » Sun Oct 18, 2015 4:27 pm

Ive been following this topic for a while, and like many others was taken* by the Tesla people's Powerwall product.

There are three promising Australian lead-acid set ups I've been reading about, but this one intrigues me most at this point.

www.thefifthestate.com.au/innovation/en ... esla/76965

I like that it can be moved, so if I drop off my twig while it is still working and is deemed notneeded by buyers, someone else can have it!

The discussion is interesting too (unlike most comments sections)

jj

*as distinct from "taken in", though unless the others hurry up I might not live long enough for them and just go with the Tesla
*jj*

Re: Solar Storage

Postby roughbarked » Mon Oct 19, 2015 9:13 pm

We only have so much of the time space continuum, here in this life. Do what you think will be still useable when you no longer need it. If only for the reason that it should last.
roughbarked

Postby morrie » Wed Oct 28, 2015 6:35 pm

Be cautious.

There is nothing really innovative about it and the technical detail on the associated website is rubbish, particularly the graph.

http://allgrid.energy/wp-content/upl...ifications.pdf

Batteries like the ones proposed will provide no more than 3 kWh per day. The average house uses about 5 times that.

Lots of feelgood value with little substance.
morrie

Postby roughbarked » Wed Oct 28, 2015 11:17 pm

Good to see you back onboard mate.
roughbarked

Postby *jj* » Thu Oct 29, 2015 9:47 pm

Thank you morrie.
That's exactly the guidance I need.
Am guessing the same applies to the much-touted Tesla?
My solar is a 15 k-thingamies set up and most bills (all but one have been minimal since installation and several credits ... will have broken even given establishment costs in less than 5 years, possibly four at the current rates, though they are set to change drastically)
I'd pay significant penalty to go off-grid; am working on reducing use to that end.

Have been off-grid before, as you know, but wasn't the techie in the household
:(
Thank you again and all the best wherever you are these days (I've been back and forth to Perth on family business this year)
*jj*

Postby *jj* » Thu Jan 14, 2016 7:57 pm

Just popping this in here ... I think (but am not sure) this is at least related to the original I posted, if not the same thing.

I had wanted to check, but I see that the page in the OP is no longer available, so here it is for anyone interested.
http://www.eco-business.com/news/aborig ... ing-tesla/

oops (EDIT!)
It would appear to be the same lot.
*jj*

Postby *jj* » Wed Mar 16, 2016 8:52 pm

I am still enjoying following this topic
Thought this article AND COMMENTS interesting and useful.
http://onestepoffthegrid.com.au/battery ... rformance/
*jj*

Return to Tech