-Filter Forums-
Loading posts...

Facebook dropped one of my Likes

Te

Facebook dropped one of my Likes

Postby Dinetta » Mon Apr 11, 2016 4:24 pm

... and now I can't get in. I can find the fb page on FireFox but not on IE...when I try to click on the link, it says the link is either broken or I don't have permission.

This is a friend's local business page and I was talking to her about it. She has done nothing to her settings.

I, on the other hand, have stopped a friend's updates from showing (I have to go to her page if I want to see what posts she's made). I VAGUELY remember "sorting" a few other settings but nothing else is affected.

FaceBook is hopeless with Help, as it focusses on frauds and "abuse" (whatever)...

Can I restore the Default settings to my FaceBook profile?
Dinetta

Re: Facebook dropped one of my Likes

Postby Dinetta » Mon Apr 11, 2016 4:26 pm

Where did my other post go?

Just to clarify, I can get in to my own fb profile, but not my friend's local business fb profile. We are still personal "friends" on fb...
Dinetta

Postby Dinetta » Mon Apr 11, 2016 4:27 pm

Also, this friend's local business fb profile has dropped out of my "Likes" list...it is the only one that has been affected, AFAIK...
Dinetta

Postby Helix » Mon Apr 11, 2016 6:37 pm

Maybe you've been blocked or it's been taken down by FB. If you can't see the page when you're logged in, try logging out and seeing if it's still accessible then. (Assuming the business' FB page has been set to public.)
At the fringes of civilisation
Helix

Postby Dinetta » Mon Apr 11, 2016 7:37 pm

Thanks Helix, but I was speaking to her and she said she had not altered any of her fb settings for that profile: she has not blocked me. Yes the business fb page is set to public. I log in and out of my fb profile several times a day. Have tried also on IE, to no avail...
Dinetta

Postby Teleost » Thu Apr 14, 2016 6:31 pm

Do you have anyone else in the house who can check under their profile?

There is a setting somewhere deep in the bowels of Facebook that undoes any unlikes or "don't show this" type stuff.
Teleost

Postby Dinetta » Fri Aug 26, 2016 7:23 pm

I didn't realise I hadn't got back to you on this. My friend checked with other friends, who had the same problem, and she thought one of her children must have changed a setting. She changed the setting back and it all came good.
Dinetta

Return to Tech