-Filter Forums-
Loading posts...

Wireless dongle interference

Te

Wireless dongle interference

Postby buffy » Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:18 pm

Help! Over the past couple of months my wireless dongle connection will sometimes freeze. The cursor just freezes up and the whole thing stops working. The only way for me to get out of it is to actually physically turn off the CPU with the on/ off button by holding it down. This happens irregularly. Sometimes the whole thing works quite normally. I have noticed it in Hamilton, as I don't use the wingle at home. I've been blaming the NBN people who are working in Hamilton planting green boxes around the place at the moment. But today it was really bad during the morning and at lunchtime, but late afternoon it was fine and dandy. We also have a building site about 4 doors up and I'm wondering if there is something on a building site which might cause interference. We have also got noisy interference intermittently on the phones since the work started.

Is there anything that might do this? It's very annoying. Fortunately I am not relying on internets for the business or it would be crippling.
buffy

Re: Wireless dongle interference

Postby roughbarked » Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:53 am

Have you resolved this situation or is it still ongoing?
roughbarked

Postby buffy » Sat Mar 25, 2017 1:30 pm

Still happening irregularly. It froze once on Wednesday, but I had a patient waiting and I had to just turn off the computer and get on with my work. I've connected three or four times since, for 5 minutes to 20 minutes and everything has worked fine. The building site was much quieter in the late part of this week. I have no idea how the NBN people are progressing, although this morning when we went to Hamilton I noticed all their big trucks and equipment were no longer outside the caravan park. Maybe they have moved along now. I'll keep trying the dongle when I have time.
buffy

Postby roughbarked » Sun Mar 26, 2017 3:58 am

You say the cursor freezes.
What type of mouse do you use?
roughbarked

Postby buffy » Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:14 pm

No problems so far this week. I think the NBN people have left town. The building site is pretty quiet. I'll keep testing it.
buffy

Postby buffy » Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:34 pm

And it did it again late this afternoon. Now starting to wonder if it is something to do with too many people on the phone and wireless networks at once. Today it was in after school time, and school holidays started today. The other times I think it's been lunchtime.

It's bafflin'
buffy

Return to Tech