-Filter Forums-
Loading posts...

Flora of Victoria online

Na

Flora of Victoria online

Postby Helix » Fri Sep 09, 2016 11:13 am

One for the folks in the SE: the Flora of Victoria keys are now online.

VicFlora is a complete and current guide to the wild plants of Victoria. With plant profiles, identification tools and richly illustrated, the Royal Botanic Gardens Victoria provides this resource free-of-charge for land managers, scientists, students and indeed anyone with an interest in Victorian plants.
At the fringes of civilisation
Helix

Re: Flora of Victoria online

Postby nut » Fri Sep 09, 2016 6:33 pm

Wow, thanks Helix!

My brother and I had a set between us but then one birthday I was lacking in funds so I gave mine to him as I wasn't using it and he did quite a bit. Then he had the gall to move to Dubbo; yes I hear you and you are right it was quite uncaring. I have missed it.

Thanks again, great! :)
nut

Postby nut » Fri Sep 09, 2016 6:45 pm

And following one of the links in Flora of Vic. this:

NEW SOUTH WALES FLORA ONLINE

This site presents a demonstration of one approach to an electronic Flora of New South Wales. Data are derived from the printed Flora of New South Wales series, published by the UNSW Press, augmented with data from electronic sources maintained by the National Herbarium of New South Wales. Please note that data have not been fully checked for consistency, and are not fully up-to-date. This site is to be regarded as a prototype presented as a demonstration, and not necessarily as an authoritative resource. However, the updating of this site is one of our major priorities. Contact the PlantNET team if you require assistance
nut

Postby Helix » Sat Sep 10, 2016 12:26 pm

nut wrote:Wow, thanks Helix!

My brother and I had a set between us but then one birthday I was lacking in funds so I gave mine to him as I wasn't using it and he did quite a bit. Then he had the gall to move to Dubbo; yes I hear you and you are right it was quite uncaring. I have missed it.

Thanks again, great! :)

No worries!

*shakes fist at Nut's brother*
At the fringes of civilisation
Helix

Postby buffy » Sat Sep 17, 2016 3:44 pm

Thank-you! I heard a mention of this on the car radio, and of course I forgot to follow it up. Now linked in my Nature folder.

:)
buffy

Postby *jj* » Sat Sep 24, 2016 1:11 pm

What a great resource, it is ... thank you Helix!

Can imagine you making great use of it buffy.
I love the SA one too, though quite different.
http://www.flora.sa.gov.au/
*jj*

Return to Nature