-Filter Forums-
Loading posts...

RAW image program

Ph

RAW image program

Postby James » Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:37 am

What is the best RAW image program. I am trying to use lightroom but it is too complicated. my camera is a Canon 60d.
Regards, James
James
 
Posts: 1

Re: RAW image program

Postby fsm » Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:55 am

James wrote:What is the best RAW image program. I am trying to use lightroom but it is too complicated.


I use occasionally use Lightroom, but I prefer Canons own offering - Digital Photo Professional for RAW processing.
Two + two equals fish.
User avatar
fsm
 
Posts: 462
Images: 146
Location: Central Coast, NSW
Blog: View Blog (1)

Re: RAW image program

Postby Lary » Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:57 am

LR is pretty simple, but it helps if you get shown a few simple things first. Well, it's simple once you know what you are doing with it.
Your camera should have come with some software, if not, there are dozens of free programs and some of them are actually really good. I used to use UFRaw, but since I don't use GIMP anymore I don't need it. I think UFRaw was Nikon only anyway.

What are you having issues with in LR? The Flickr group has answered most issues raised already and I use it as a reference at times.
Lary
 
Posts: 13

Re: RAW image program

Postby nut » Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:45 pm

Lary wrote:LR is pretty simple, but it helps if you get shown a few simple things first. Well, it's simple once you know what you are doing with it.
Your camera should have come with some software, if not, there are dozens of free programs and some of them are actually really good. I used to use UFRaw, but since I don't use GIMP anymore I don't need it. I think UFRaw was Nikon only anyway.

What are you having issues with in LR? The Flickr group has answered most issues raised already and I use it as a reference at times.


UFRaw is not Nikon only. I think there are better products out there but I use it. I also believe that you can use it independent of GIMP, though I am not sure why you would :)
nut
 
Posts: 255
Images: 45

Re: RAW image program

Postby Lary » Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:36 pm

nut wrote:
UFRaw is not Nikon only. I think there are better products out there but I use it. I also believe that you can use it independent of GIMP, though I am not sure why you would :)


Because it was a reasonable raw converter and could be pretty powerful if all you needed to do was adjust colours and levels. I didn't know it was multi format, found it on a Nikon Forum and they seemed to say it was .nef compatible only. Weird...
Lary
 
Posts: 13


Return to Photography

cron