-Filter Forums-
Loading posts...

Gone in 60 Seconds

Au

Gone in 60 Seconds

Postby fsm » Wed May 22, 2013 10:14 am

A 1967 Ford Mustang used during filming of 2000’s hit movie Gone in 60 Seconds has sold at auction for a staggering $1 million. This was no ordinary Mustang, however, as the car in question was none other than the famous ‘Eleanor’ Mustang driven by actor Nicholas Cage in the movie’s closing stages.

'Gone in 60 Seconds' Eleanor Ford Mustang sells for $1 million
Two + two equals fish.
fsm

Blog: View Blog (1)

Re: Gone in 60 Seconds

Postby Helix » Wed May 22, 2013 10:21 am

It's difficult to imagine a situation where an association with Nicholas Cage adds to something's value, but there you go.
At the fringes of civilisation
Helix

Postby roughbarked » Wed May 22, 2013 11:47 am

Helix wrote:It's difficult to imagine a situation where an association with Nicholas Cage adds to something's value, but there you go.

One Mustang.. Interestingly, any Phase III GT HO in going order will almost top that price. If there was a phase IV for sale.. hmm would be well over the million mark.
roughbarked

Postby Ethelred » Wed May 22, 2013 1:50 pm

Helix wrote:It's difficult to imagine a situation where an association with Nicholas Cage adds to something's value, but there you go.

Yes. Further evidence that J. B. S. Haldane was correct when he wrote:

"I have no doubt that in reality the future will be vastly more surprising than anything I can imagine. Now my own suspicion is that the Universe is not only queerer than we suppose, but queerer than we can suppose."
Ethelred

Return to Automotive