-Filter Forums-
Loading posts...

Cricket

Sp

Cricket

Postby Big Dog » Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:31 pm

Ashes squad: Michael Clarke (C), Brad Haddin (VC), Jackson Bird, Ed Cowan, James Faulkner, Ryan Harris, Phil Hughes, Usman Khawaja, Nathan Lyon, James Pattinson, Chris Rogers, Peter Siddle, Mitchell Starc, Matthew Wade, David Warner, Shane Watson

Worst batting lineup in thirty years. Two geriatrics, two serial failures, a couple of hit or miss merchants, a couple of unknowns & Clarke. We are gunna get smashed.
Big Dog

Re: Cricket

Postby roughbarked » Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:40 pm

So?
There have been such times in the past and will be again in the future. The point is, when are we going to move on?
I rather enjoy the battle. I have often heard staunch cricket fans bemoaning the fact that Australia always won their matches. I've seen them happy that Australia lost so as to make cricket more interesting.
roughbarked

Postby fsm » Thu Jul 11, 2013 11:42 pm

Australia is currently ahead at 229/9. What's that in the metric system?
Two + two equals fish.
fsm

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby Helix » Thu Jul 11, 2013 11:46 pm

fsm wrote:Australia is currently ahead at 229/9. What's that in the metric system?

Not enough.
At the fringes of civilisation
Helix

Postby justjj » Sat Apr 11, 2015 7:49 pm

Hey Benaud.
Every year Mum and Dad would drive to see the Adelaide Test on a (then) long trip, kids in back of the car (no seatbelts) .

We little kids spent the days watching with Mum explaining everything; including the "baracking" (to Tyson, "Give the man a yoyo" as the batsmen kept swinging and missing)

We'd spend the breaks walking around the oval catching up with others we'd "met" the years before.
The South Africans were still playing; West Indies of course, and years later I had a day off to watch Sobers and saw his hat trick ... I suspect the highlight was gloating to Mum about having done so.

Now my own kids are still fans and came to appreciate Benaud's professionalism too, though as a commentator.

Heaps of good memories; all nighters listening included.
Go the wireless, which we had to sit up beside if we wanted to listen; one in the house, a great big piece of furniture in the lounge!

For someone not a sports fan I'm still surprised how much I loved everything to do with cricket, until I got too busy to keep up, but that was well after my own kids got hooked in the ChappellI / Waugh etc era years later ... taking them to see their heroes was good fun.
They saw the big draw at Waverley ... so we used to "argue" about who had the best luck etc.

I don't know how to upload this Pope cartoon, except with the loon, but it's worth it; you're all capable of avoiding the polemics.
http://loonpond.blogspot.com.au/
justjj

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby roughbarked » Sun Apr 12, 2015 11:41 am

This cartoon?

Yes. The cartoon is apt. RB was well known for his pauses.
roughbarked

Return to Sport